Anyway, London drivers are crazy! I'm used to Philly's grid layout, but even the major roads here change and curve all over the place, so even if you're going straight, you might end up on a different road if you're not paying attention. The street signs are located on the buildings, like the Acton Street sign, but they don't even have them on every corner! And see the striped pole with the yellow sphere on top? The drivers have to stop for pedestrians at those, but I swear, some come within a foot of me before stopping :/ If not for the "look right -->" and "<-- look left" signs (see below), I think i'd get crushed by a car....which almost happened the other day to me and my friend by a big ol' truck. I wish they would use their turn signals -_-
Things I've noticed/learned about London:
- About 80% of the population smokes -_-
- It's always pub time.
- They keep their eggs on the shelf, not the refrigerator
- The British are very lax. People just won't show up for work if the weather is bad! (2 cm of snow is crazy for them)
- The alarms (fire alarm, police siren) are unbearably loud!
- The city really reminds me of New York, everyone's always in a rush to get somewhere.
- South Asians are called Asians here, and East Asians are called Orientals.
I must go have some tea and biscuits now! Just kidding, but I am eating biscuits and do have tea in my cupboard. I'm finally starting to settle down and am looking forward to cooking for myself! I have other random things to share but I shall save them for later posts. Update me on life in phillydelphia via comments, emails, messages, whatever! Ahnyoung my friends :)