Sunday, April 11, 2010

Adieu Paris, Merci Pour The Memories



Bonjour mes amis! I have returned from Paris and had a wonderful time! Before Paris, I went to an Easter retreat with the church I attend here. It was very cold, spring has not yet fully sprung on this side of the Atlantic :( The picture above is from the retreat center. The retreat got me thinking about many things, but I felt very frustrated at times because I couldn't express myself fully in Korean (its a Korean church)...

"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son." [1 John 5:11]

What is Easter to you? Eggs, chocolate, spring, fasting...? Like it says in Ecclesiastes, "Meaningless! Meaningless!...Everything is meaningless!" Unless you have faith that is. I hope that God will bless us all with the wisdom to have faith and to know the true meaning of life. Happy belated Easter everyone!


Subway entrance. By the Seine River. I love all the historical feeling of the city and all the green everywhere!


Lunch at a crêperie. In front of the giant Notre Dame Cathedral.


Inside the Notre Dame Cathedral.


Guide books at the Louvre. Locks on a bridge by the Seine.


Next to the RER station by my friends house in the suburbs. The Eiffel Tower at night.


A beautiful day at Versailles. Inside the palace.


The beautiful garden behind the palace. "Unni jump!" This picture cracked us up for a while :)


Unni taking up all the room in our picture ;) Enjoying the b-e-a-uuuutiful weather.


Dinner at a brasserie.
My sirloin steak. We ate...so...much...food! With my friend and her cutie parents.


At Montmartre. The view towards the top.


Macaroons from my friend's mom! At
Champs-Élysées while the sun set behind the Arc de Triomphe.

My flatmate and her parents were so accommodating during out stay! I had low expectations going in, but I enjoyed Paris much more than I thought I would. Bits and pieces of the 6 years of French I took in junior high and high school started coming back to me, but only un peu haha. The weather was sunny and beautiful, which I think made a huge difference.

I shall be hopping off to Florence and Rome in a few days. I'm already getting tired from traveling and will have a whole lotta essay writing to do when I get back ㅠ.ㅠ Its weird that I consider my flat home now, I just wanted to pass out in my bed in London while I was going around. I know a lot of people think its exciting traveling and what not, but if I didn't have people to see in these places, I would be okay with not going. I think its the people that makes somewhere worth being, so enjoy your time with the ones your with! Au Revoir my friends! :)

4 comments:

  1. i agree, sometimes who you're with can make all the difference. i love these pictures jackie! you look purty it looks like you're having an awesome possum time :) good luck writing those essays... i'll be there with you in spirit with my thesis :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo jackie - friends make the best memories, don't they? your pictures have made me very nostalgic for paris and its lovely parks. now i will resume back to my thesis in my dimly lit room...thanks.......:-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. AhHhh,my inner art-history geek yearns for Paris. It looks like you're having a fabulous time and you look great! Be safe and come back soooon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh lala, your hair is getting longer. did you get to visit le café les deux moulin? from amelie :D

    oh and i feel like when you are in a new country/place, friendships between you and other people spring up SO FAST...compared to in in our bryn mawr setting. i hope you keep these friendships beyond and beyond :]

    ReplyDelete

Followers